Car Rental (all islands)
Bus/Shuttle Service (Oahu)
Oahu Transit Services, Inc.
811 Middle Street
Honolulu, HI 96819
1 (808) 848-5555
The city buses are an inexpensive means of transportation, and are equipped with wheelchair lifts. Baggage is permitted as long as you can fit it on your lap or under your seat.
One-way fare: $2.50 (adults) and $1.25 (under 18 years of age)
For routes, schedules, and wheelchair lift information visit http://www.thebus.org/
1 (877) 242-5777 or firstname.lastname@example.org
SpeediShuttle offers its customers with door-to-door service to a wide-range of locations around Oahu, from the Honolulu International Airport. Each shuttle is equipped with portable ramps for wheelchair passengers. No advance notice is required, and the shuttle will depart within 20 minutes of check-in with the attendant.
- Honolulu International Airport to Waikiki/ Honolulu Harbor (one way): $14.55
- Honolulu International Airport to Waikiki/ Honolulu Harbor (round trip): from $26.79 (includes a 10% discount on the return segment when booked at the same time as your initial travel)
For fares to all Oahu locations and airport shuttle stops visit http://hawaii.gov/hnl/ground-transportation/speedishuttle
Robert’s Hawai‘i Airport Shuttle
680 Iwilei Road, Suite 700
Honolulu, HI 96817
Toll-Free: 1-800-831-5541 | On Oahu: 808-539-9400
The Robert’s Hawaii Airport Shuttle extends its services from Honolulu International Airport to various hotels in Honolulu. Also offered are various tours around the island of O’ahu, such as the Pearl Harbor Tour and Ali’i Kai Dinner Cruise.
- Honolulu International Airport to Waikiki (one way): $15.00
- Honolulu International Airport to Waikiki (roundtrip): $28.00
(Includes two standard luggage and one carry-on per person. Oversized baggage may require extra fees as noted by the airport representative.)
For booking information, rates, and additional fees visit http://www.robertshawaii.com/airport-shuttle.php
Hawaii Super Transit
1148 Gulick Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96819
1 (808) 841-2928
This locally owned and operated shuttle service offers services to various hot spots around the island, not just to Waikiki but to historic sites, shopping centers and to UH Manoa as well. For those staying on or near campus at lodging such as the East-West Center, Hawaii Super Transit is one way to get to where you are staying without hassle and at an affordable rate. ADA wheelchair and scooter accessible vehicles are available upon request.
- Honolulu International Airport to Waikiki (one way): $12.00
- Honolulu International Airport to Waikiki (roundtrip): $20.00
- Call in advance for quotes on special or private pick-ups to/from any location not listed.
For rates, availability, and special services please visit http://www.hawaiisupertransit.com/
Charley’s Taxi & Tours
680 Ala Moana Blvd #303
Honolulu, HI 96817
1 (877) 531-1333 (toll-free)
1 (808) 233-3333
Charley’s Taxi offers a variety of services to fit your needs. There are two vehicles designated for those who are wheelchair bound, and it recommended that you call in advance. There is also a Medicab that offers a door-to-door escort service for those with specialized needs.
- Wheelchair accessible transport: meter run+ $9.00 fee
- Medicab: meter run+ $5.00 fee (call 1 (808) 533-3211 and inquire about 10% discount)
Airport Flat Rate: Airport to Waikiki — $29
For services and fares visit http://charleystaxi.com/
738 Kaheka Street Suite 201
Honolulu, Hawai‘i 96814
1 (808) 943-0000
1 (808) 422-2222
TheCAB provides island-wide services, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Accessible transportation, equipped with ADA approved features, are available 7 days a week from 5:00 am-9:00 pm and can be accepted after-hours on a case-by-case basis. Please call in advance for availability and to make a reservation.
- Accessible van rate (curb to curb pick-up/drop-off): meter run+$15.00 fee
- Accessible van rate (door to door pick-up/drop-off): meter run+$30.00 fee
- Rural Area Surcharge: meter run+$16.50
For services and fares visit http://www.thecabhawaii.com/